The BBQ is over, and everyone had a great time. But the best is yet to come.! I’m talking about all of the leftovers! You may be looking at this mountain of food and wonder, what the heck am I going to do with it?
It’s time to repurpose!
Some items like macaroni and potato salad are great as side dishes, while others, like hamburgers, can be made into entirely new meals. Depending on how much you have leftover, you may not need to cook all week!
It’s time to change things up with these leftover hamburger recipes. We’ve got you covered with bonus recipes for the buns, too.
Want to learn how to use leftover hamburgers in a new way?
Let’s go to The Chalkboard.
Jump Ahead To
Are Leftover Hamburgers Good?
Yes! They are delicious.
We are huge proponents of reducing food waste here at The Kitchen Chalkboard, and repurposing leftovers is a great way to save money. When you start with cooked hamburgers, dinner will be on the table in no time.
How Long Is A Leftover Burger Good For?
It is essential to store leftovers properly. For hamburgers, this means in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leftover burgers are good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator but always follow your senses. If they don’t smell or look good, it’s best to toss them.
Make sure to follow the two-hour rule.
You don’t want to leave food outside refrigeration for more than two hours. Bacteria can multiply along with your risk of food poisoning.
Reduce waste and save money. Check out these simple strategies to repurpose leftovers.
How Do I Use Leftover Hamburgers? 15 Great Leftover Hamburger Recipes
Healthy Leftover Hamburger Recipes
- Big Mac Salad — Another Chalkboard Favorite! Try this salad if you are looking for a healthy leftover hamburger recipe! Chop leftover burgers into small pieces and combine with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and cheese for a different twist on the salad. You can use regular sugar for the dressing. Start with half the amount listed and add more as desired.
- Taco Salad — This healthy leftover hamburger recipe couldn’t be more straightforward. Combine lettuce, tomato, and Mexican cheese with ground beef. Top with this simple taco salad dressing or Catalina dressing from the grocery store.
- Lettuce Wraps — Ditch the buns for these ground beef lettuce wraps. Add you need are a few veggies and spices to add a whole new life to leftover hamburgers.
Family-Friendly Leftover Hamburger Recipes
- Salisbury Steak — This version is way better than the frozen dinner variety. Salisbury steaks are burgers with gravy and onions on top. The Pioneer Woman has a tasty recipe to try. Since you are using leftover hamburgers, start at step three of four. You will have a meal ready in minutes.
- Cheeseburger Macaroni — This is a family favorite! Break up the leftover hamburgers and add them in after you saute the onions. It’s the perfect hearty weeknight dinner.
- Hamburger Helper — Looking for a dairy-free option? Then use this recipe from A Mind Full Mom to have food on the table in no time. No box mix is required.
- Casserole — Here are the best Leftover hamburger recipes — casseroles. There are many options, from a simple ground beef casserole to a hearty baked ziti.
- Meat Sauce — Add chopped leftover hamburgers to your favorite tomato sauce for an easy dinner. Round out the meal with a simple salad.
- Chili — It’s time to use leftover hamburgers to make chili. This Tex-Mex Chili from Rachael Ray has been in rotation for years. It’s easy! I don’t bother melting the cheese or using cilantro, and it’s still great.
Leftover Hamburger Recipes — Mexican
- Tacos — Who says that burgers need to be all American? Chop up the meat, add some taco seasoning, and you can have another successful fiesta.
- Burritos — If you want a filling meal, burritos are the way to go! Chop up the leftover hamburgers, heat on low to warm, and add to a tortilla with your favorite fixings for a great dinner. Trader Joe’s makes frozen rice that is ready in three minutes. You can easily create a breakfast burrito by adding some scrambled eggs. The possibilities are endless.
- Enchiladas — Let’s be honest, this Mexican dish is delicious, but the prep time is long. That all changes when you are making this leftover hamburger recipe. You can easily have 10 minutes off. If you have lots of extra meat, double the recipe and freeze the second batch. Your future self will be so thankful.
Other Leftover Hamburger Recipes
- Slider Appetizer — It’s technically still a hamburger but smaller. Cut burgers into quarters and make them into sliders.
- Pizza Topping — Speciality slices are a favorite! Why not make the leftover hamburgers into a pizza topping? Chopped ground beef can be combined with lettuce, tomato, and cheese for a taco slice or used with caramelized onions and peppers for a more traditional version.
- Hamburger Skewers — Put chopped leftover hamburgers on a skewer with your favorite toppings for a bite-sized treat.
Bonus! Leftover Hamburger Buns Recipes
- Freeze — Bread freezes well. The thing that degrades their quality is air so cover the buns in two layers of plastic wrap before placing them in a large Zip-loc bag. They should last for about three months.
- Leftover Hamburger Bun French Toast — Chop those buns up and make a delicious breakfast via Betsy Haley’s french toast cups. You probably have all of the ingredients on hand.
- Croutons — Once you’ve made homemade croutons, you will never want store-bought again. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and add equal parts olive oil. Pour over chopped leftover hamburger buns and bake in a 425—degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Bread Crumbs — Freeze the bread for a short time to get it firm, and then grate on a box grater. Use them on top of pasta, salads, or any other recipe that calls for breadcrumbs.
- Bread Pudding — If you have stale hamburger buns, this is a great way to use them!
What Do You Think?
What are your favorite leftover hamburger recipes? Let me know in the comments below; I’d love to hear!
23 Easy Ways To Make Bolognese Into A New Meal
Pin this for later.
Leave a Reply