It’s no secret that we are huge proponents of online grocery shopping here at The Kitchen Chalkboard and Amazon Fresh is one of the services we consistently recommend. Many don’t know that the Happy Belly Amazon brand is a solid choice for cheap groceries.
Over the years, we swapped name brands for this house brand and have saved hundreds of dollars. Many Happy Belly Amazon products hold consistent spots on our grocery lists and in our pantries.
But you aren’t saving money if a product goes unused. Check out this list for the best Happy Belly Amazon products to save time and money.
Let’s go to The Chalkboard.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. All opinions are my own. Read our full disclosure.
Jump Ahead To
What Is Happy Belly Amazon?
Happy Belly is a brand of products sold through AmazonFresh. The majority of Happy Belly products are dairy and pantry staples. Fresh brand products are bakery and produce, and Amazon Kitchen is prepared foods.
The company is tight-lipped about who makes the products, but many are comparable in taste and quality to more expensive brands.
Happy Belly is NOT the same as 365 By Whole Foods Market.
How To Purchase Happy Belly Amazon
Happy Belly Amazon products are sold exclusively through amazon outlets. That includes their website and their brick-and-mortar stores.
The online behemoth’s grocery arm is Fresh, and you must be a Prime member to use the service. There are no additional delivery fees. The company offers a free 30-day trial to try it out.
Happy Belly Brand Quality
Prominent manufacturers often produce house brands. Dictionary.com defines the term as “a brand name used by a retailer for a product or product line made specifically for or by the retailer.” It states that these items are often sold at lower prices.
Happy Belly Amazon fits that bill. It is unknown which companies make the items, but the quality of most of the foods we’ve tried has been outstanding. Even our picky children haven’t noticed the difference.
While most companies aren’t forthcoming with the origins of their house brands, it will come out when there is a recall. Manufacturers must inform the public of any issues, and bulletins will lump together all the brands included in the alert. It’s not 100 percent guaranteed, but it is a great way to understand which labels are connected.
The FDA has an extensive list of recalls on its website.
The Best Happy Belly Amazon Products
- Milk — Dairy products are where Happy Belly shines. The milk tastes great and is almost $1 less than other brands.
- Eggs — Brown, white, organic, and cage-free, we’ve tried them all, and they’ve all been great. The packers do a great job, so there is rarely an issue with broken shells. But if this issue does arise, customer service is just a few clicks away.
- Brown Sugar — We have tried dark and light brown sugars from Happy Belly, which have tasted great. No large clumps and just the right molasses amount for each.
- Yogurt — The large tubs of yogurts are staples in our house. The greek variety is similar to Chobani. The regular vanilla is not overly sweet, and there’s no aftertaste that some brands have.
- Apple Juice — This product is consistently cheaper than other brands and tastes good, if not better. It is a great pantry item.
- Biscuits — I didn’t have high hopes when we tried these since biscuits can be tricky. But they have a great texture and flavor. They have just the right amount of butter.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese — While we don’t recommend block cheeses due to lack of flavor, the shredded cheddar cheese is comparable to store-bought varieties. But, if you want fresh cheese, go to a cheesemonger.
- Shredded Mozzarella — Growing up, I always used Polly-O. Happy Belly Amazon is just as good. It’s not oily or greasy, which can ruin a dish.
- Bacon — Now that the bacon shortage has subsided, this breakfast staple is easier to find. Happy Belly’s version has a great mix of fat to meat and isn’t too thin.
- Large Flour Tortillas — These are a bit thin for a hefty burrito but work very well for lunch wraps.
- Garbanzo Beans — Some chickpeas have lots of skins that get into everything. These don’t!
- Black Beans — Happy Belly’s black beans have great firmness and taste. They aren’t too salty if you need to use the liquid.
- Pinto Beans — These are the perfect addition to your chili.
- Beef Broth — This beef broth has a full taste and isn’t too salty. Plus, it’s $1-2 cheaper than other brands.
- Sliced Almonds — We love adding sliced almonds to salads for crunch. We don’t love the price. Happy Belly Amazon’s version has excellent flavor and is cut just right.
- Half and Half — This is another excellent dairy product from Amazon. Good flavor and great taste.
- Heavy Cream — Happy Belly Heavy Cream is just as good as other brands.
- Frozen Peas — These peas had a great flavor, texture, and price.
- Cinnamon Buns — We make these almost every weekend. They are nearly half the price of other brands and taste just as good.
- Graham Cracker — These are perfect for S’mores and just as good as other brands.
- Animal Crackers — They may not come in a circus box, but they taste the same.
- Oats — The Happy Belly Amazon’s oats are simple and have a great texture.
- Vinegar — These won’t replace a high-end red wine vinegar, but in a pinch, it’s perfect.
- Spices — These are just as good as other brands found in the supermarket.
- Canned Tomatoes — These won’t replace my favorite San Marzanos, but they are great for weeknight meals like penne ala vodka.
Happy Belly Amazon Products To Avoid
While most Happy Belly Amazon products are great, some aren’t so great.
- Dried Cranberries — These were a little too dry. They also didn’t have much flavor.
- Dijon Mustard — Most recipes call for only a tablespoon, so this condiment needs to pack a punch. The Happy Belly brand didn’t have the same nuanced flavor that other brands like Maille and Grey Poupon.
What Do You Think?
Do you use any Happy Belly Amazon products? Are there any you love? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear.
10 Ways to Save Money Grocery Shopping Online
How to Use Alexa in the Kitchen
Pin this for later.
Paula Cook says
I have tried all the tomato based products, sauce, paste, diced, and stewed, all great.
I just started using them, too! They are great and reasonably priced.
Trudy McDaniel says
Was about to order their almonds via subscribe and save but noticed reviews in past few weeks are 1 star for poor quality and bad taste. I wish there was a way to contact whomever Amazon contracts with for Happy Belly products to give them a heads up. That’s the one problem with Amazon brands; there is no way to communicate with the supplier or producer.
that’s a great point, Trudy!