Online grocery shopping has increased in popularity.
Here are some online grocery shopping tips to make your next shopping experience a successful one.
- Always check the specials section when shopping. There you can often find great savings including free delivery, deep discounts, and even complimentary items.
- Create a grocery list from the essentials you purchase every week to make checkout easier.
- To ensure you get the delivery time you want, start shopping a few days earlier. Check out using your grocery list of essentials and add other items later on. Most services allow you to add items up to 12 hours before delivery time
- Check from promo codes before your first order. A quick google search can sometimes yield $20 off or free delivery.
- Check online grocers for local produce. Peapod offers a CSA box for purchase weekly from June thru October filled with produce from local farms. Amazon Fresh has a section called Local Market filled with all different items from neighborhood purveyors.
- If using attended delivery do a quick check of the items before the driver leaves. Many services will handle a return right then and there.
Check out our article comparing the various online grocery services.