I’m not a big soup person, but there’s one exception. If broccoli and cheese soup is around, I will eat it. I added it to a meal plan recently but didn’t know t what to serve with it.
The soup is creamy and contains cheese, so it’s pretty hardy. You don’t want anything with too much cheese or flavors that compete. But you need something that isn’t too dainty, either.
We have the best ideas for what to serve with broccoli and cheese soup.
Let’s go to The Chalkboard.
First, if you need a good recipe, we love this Copycat Panera broccoli and cheese soup recipe from Shugary Sweets. It’s easy to make, doesn’t contain complicated ingredients, and is on the table in half an hour.
If you prefer store-bought, Costco carries an excellent version. I typically avoid store-bought soups as they are too salty, but this version is seasoned well.
Now that we’ve got the recipe, here’s what to serve with broccoli cheese soup.
Jump Ahead To
Best Sandwiches With Broccoli and Cheese Soup
A sandwich is an excellent pairing for broccoli and cheese soup. But not any sandwich will do. You don’t want anything too cheesy or with lots of mayo as it may be too heavy.
Here are some great sandwiches with broccoli and cheese soup:
- Panini – We love the Frontega Chicken Sandwich from Panera. There’s no need to order takeout; this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats is full of flavor and comes together in a snap. If you don’t have leftover chicken, try poaching. Place the breasts in a small pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This method makes the chicken easy to shred.
- BLT – This classic sandwich is the perfect complement to broccoli cheese soup. Use white bread toasted, a ripe tomato sprinkled with more salt than you think you need, crisp romaine lettuce, and Duke’s Mayo.
- Ham and Cheese with Mustard – A classic ham and cheese sandwich with a bit of dijon mustard adds some spiciness. Grilled or cold, it works.
- Steak Sandwich, Lettuce, Garlic Aioli, Cheddar – Use our favorite, Steak-umms, and this sandwich is ready in a flash. Don’t let the fancy name fool you; garlic aioli is flavorful mayo. Spend With Pennies has a great tutorial.
- Club Sandwich – If you aren’t familiar, a club is a sandwich of toasted bread, sliced cooked turkey, ham or fried bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. A key element is an extra slice of bread.
- Chik Fil A Sandwich – These breaded chicken sandwiches perfectly accompany broccoli cheese soup. We love Hilah Cooking’s recipe, where the secret is to brine the chicken in pickle juice. Do not skip this step!
- Turkey, Apple Sandwich – The sweetness from the apples and the maple syrup mayonnaise work well with the soup. We love rye or wheat for this sandwich.
- Apple, and Mustard Grill Cheese – Try this panini for a winter treat. It includes instructions if you don’t have a press. It may just become your new favorite.
What Main Dish Goes With Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Grilled Sausage
- Salad – kale salads are great, and we love this one with apples and cheddar. We like to sprinkle on a little parmesan at the end. It adds an extra saltiness that takes this to the next level.
What Meat To Serve With Broccoli Cheese Soup
What to serve with broccoli cheese soup – meat:
- Ground Beef
What Kind Of Bread Goes With Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli cheese soup is hearty and cream-based; therefore, you want thick bread that can handle the flavors and texture.
What to serve with broccoli cheese soup – Bread:
- French Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread
What Do You Think?
What comes to mind when you consider what to serve with broccoli cheese soup? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Pin this for later.